Saturday, June 10, 2017

Just Us Girls #397 - Trend Week

Chris has a great Trend Challenge for us at Just Us Girls, however, I don't own any of these so I had to improvise!


Come on over to JUGS to see what our June Guest Designer - Estelle and the rest of the Design Team have created using powdered dyes.


Since I didn't have any powdered dyes I came up with the idea to use Kool-Aid!  I thought about using some Rit Dye, but the Kool-Aid was more readily available.  I sprinkled some Blue Raspberry Lemondae and some Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid on some watercolor paper and misted it.  It was a little sticky after it dried, so I sprayed it with some matte sealer.  Stamped the big sentiment from Concord & 9th with Versamark and heat embossed with black ep.

Now it's your turn to show us your creation using powdered dyes.  You could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would put you in the running for a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.

4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the lime green! Jumps right out you. :)

Judy Woodland said...

Well you are beyond clever to use the Kool-Aid.....I would NEVER have thought of that. You must have used the kind with sugar. Wonder if the powder that doesn't have sugar would work. LOVE your colors, this is just great.

Nancy said...

Talk about resourceful in a pinch! Well done you...looks great!!

Ina G said...

You are so clever! What a great background you achieved. Lovely bold sentiment and finish with that tiny flower.