Sunday, January 4, 2015

Birthday for a Chemist

I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches to make my son-in-law's birthday card, and yes he is a chemist.


The test tube is actually from a Halloween set, but I thought it was perfect.  Colored the tube with watercolor pencil and clear Wink of Stella for some sparkle.  Added some nerdy glasses with tape on the bridge.  I paired the dotted paper because it reminded me of the bubbles in the test tube and the graph paper because I thought it was appropriate.  The sentiment has stenciled splatters on it, maybe because an experiment went wrong.

Thanks for taking a look!

2 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely perfect for your chemist son in law! It's so clever and fun! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a fabulous card and perfect for your son-in-law - he's going to love it! Thanks for joining us at FMS!