Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Loving CAS

I am really liking all of the CAS challenges, which I tend to struggle with.  Great sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch

 
I really like this layout, so I made 2 cards.
 
 
 
The first one uses a wooden star that I colored with Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Mustard Seed, some fun polka dotted dp and an old SU sentiment that I cut out  and layered on Gina K Pure Luxury Kraft for the card base.
 
The second one uses the Gina K set Live Life Loud.  Stamped the gradient dot frame in Memento Toffee Crunch, stamped the guitar with Memento Tuxedo Black, colored the guitar with a Touch Twin Marker and covered it with a clear glaze pen for shine.  Cut out the image panel and added the red and yellow layered pennants for a little splash of color.  The card base is Gina K Pure Luxury Denim Blue.
 
Thanks for taking a look!
 

 

1 comment:

Ardyth said...

Both great cards and wonderful uses of the sketch. I love the simplicity of the colour schemes, too! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!